Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) is coming!

A few months ago I the Marion Theatre in Ocala reopened. The theatre was the original movie house in Ocala having opened in 1941. It closed decades ago and was replaced eventually by the sixteen-plexes that have made a beach-head in every city in America.

I have been helping them with their programming and one of the things I felt strongly about was showing horror movies in October (so crazy it just might work). They have an image they are trying to keep of a classy, cultured theatre and I love that but I also love a theatre that smells like beer and peanuts.

The one thing I really wanted to happen was a showing of a real horror movie. Something you couldn't mistake for something else. I got my wish and they will be showing the original Tobe Hooper The Texas Chain Saw Massacre from 1974. They are showing it twice, Saturday October 26 and 27 at midnight. Please tell everyone you know.

www.themariontheatre.org

0 comments: