Monday, October 22, 2007

I need an intervention...

My good friend Nita Nelson met me for lunch with a bag full of movies some guy she works with was selling for $2 a piece. Two bones! You can't want away from that. I'll but almost anything for $2 except Lethal Weapon 3 because I don't want it tainting my shelves.

I have to stop this. I bought eleven movies from this guy a few weeks ago before his yard sale and another nine today. Yuri the Mad Venzuelan and I built shelves in my condo a few months ago and I am almost out of room. I say when I run out of space I am going to start combing through and getting rid of the stuff I don't need. I shouldn't be forced to do that. This is America.

It's like I am in Sophie's Choice.

So anyway, for eighteen bucks I got:

  1. Black Hawk Down (I think my mom is in the movie, too).
  2. Higher Learning (John Singleton remains the most underrated director in Hollywood)
  3. Monty Python The Meaning Of Life (One more wafer...).
  4. Phone Booth (it's like a movie Larry Cohen wrote on a dare).
  5. Wild Things (the beginning of the Bill Murray renassaince).
  6. Memento (an overrated one-trick pony but worth $2).
  7. Pitch Black (goofy little sci-fi movie that's a lot of fun until someone tried to make Dune out it's sequel).
  8. The Gift (Sam Raimi all growed up before he went all Spider-Man on me, Keanu Reeves actually acts, Greg Kinnear all swarmy, Hillary Swank's Wall 'O Teeth and Katie Holmes gets naked... what's not to like?)
  9. Whale Rider (which I haven't seen but Ebert & Roper couldn't stop beating off to it the year it came out so that's worth $2).

This is on top of the other eleven I got from this guy a few weeks ago, Lifeboat, Gung Ho the special edition of Bram Stoker's Dracula Columbia finially got off their asses and released after seven years and I'll probably buy Transformers by the end of the week because I am into serious bot-on-bot action.

0 comments: